Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore Release:
Waterfront Partnership’s It’s a Waterfront Life is back to kick off the holiday season! This year’s festivities officially begin on Friday, Nov. 11 with the opening of the PANDORA Ice Rink at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Other It’s a Waterfront Life highlights will include holiday-themed special events, discounts and deals for all to enjoy along the waterfront though Jan. 16, 2017.
“The holiday season is one of our favorite times to get everyone out and about and enjoying the Waterfront,” said Laurie Schwartz, president of the Waterfront Partnership. “The return of the PANDORA Ice Rink is just one of the many opportunities to celebrate with friends and loved ones.”
The PANDORA Ice Rink will be open from Nov. 11, 2016 through Jan. 16, 2017. Rink hours are Mondays through Thursdays, 12:00-10:00 p.m. (open until 11:00 p.m. on Fridays); Saturdays, 10:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.; and Sundays, 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. with adjusted Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s and Martin Luther King Day hours. Throughout the season, special programs such as Saturdays with Santa, Inner Harbor Frost Fest, and the annual SkateFest benefitting Special Olympics Maryland will be offered. Admission to the ice rink is $10 for adults and $9 for children, seniors and military. Skates can be rented for just $4. Visit www.innerharboricerink.org for information on special group rates, private lessons and more.
The rink is made possible through the generous support of PANDORA as well as Constellation, The Can Company, T. Rowe Price, The Next Ice Age, Village of Cross Keys, Mindgrub, and the Pearlstone Family Foundation. For full rink program details and updates throughout the season visit, www.innerharboricerink.org.
In addition to the PANDORA Ice Rink, highlights of this year’s It’s a Waterfront Life activities include:
- The National Aquarium presents a magical twist on a holiday classic this winter, as the beloved animated movie “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer 4-D” debuts at the National Aquarium’s 4-D Immersion Theater. Guests can journey with Rudolph as he sets off on a series of funny and endearing adventures after being ousted from Christmas-town because of his bright and shining nose – meeting new friends the Abominable Snow Monster and Hermey the elf on the way. The short film will run daily from Nov. 11, 2016 to Jan. 2, 2017.
- Lace up for the Gobble Cobble Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 24), starting at 8:00 a.m. at the MAC Harbor East.
- West Shore Park once again transforms into a traditional German Christmas Village, complete with more than 50 vendors selling traditional European crafts, arts, jewelry, gifts, food, sweets & drinks. Open Nov. 24 until Dec. 24, with special holiday-themed programming each weekend.
- Enjoy free parking in Harbor East, while you complete your holiday shopping from Nov. 23 through Jan. 1. Bring $100 of same-day receipts plus a parking voucher (available at any Harbor East restaurant or retailer) to a participating Harbor East self-park garage and receive 5 hours of free parking. Monday–Friday: 5:00-10:00 p.m. Saturday – Sunday: 10:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m. Valid at the Legg Mason Tower/Four Seasons Hotel Garage (100 S. President Street), the 650 South Exeter Street Garage and the Whole Foods Garage (Aliceanna Street & Central Ave).
- Bring your furry friends to the 4th Annual Pet Photos with Santa event, hosted by Harbor East and benefitting the Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter (BARCS) on Nov. 27, from 12:00-4:00 p.m. Photos are complimentary. Volunteers will be on hand to collect donated pet food and toys. Yes, humans are welcome too!
- Santa and holiday cheer! Stop by M&S Grill as Waterfront Partnership hosts Saturday’s with Santa on Dec. 3, 10 and 17! Take your own treasured holiday photographs with you, your family and Santa.
- The free Rock the Dock Family Holiday Bash returns to Power Plant Live! on Dec. 3 from 2:00-5:00 p.m. with live music, holiday stories, photos with Santa, seasonal arts & crafts, food & beverage, giveaways and more!
- Get into the spirit with starlight musical performances, holiday entertainment, complimentary sweets, street-side wine & spirits and shopping events during Merriment & Melodies at Harbor East. Wednesday evenings Nov. 30, Dec. 7 and Dec. 14 from 5:30-9:00 p.m. Each night will feature a unique offering including The Ultimate Christmas Tree Giveaway, a special Milk & Cookies Social children’s activity fair with a performance from the Children’s Chorus of Maryland and a Cookie Tour!
- Join the Maryland Science Center this holiday season for their Food Science Workshop Series, DIY Cookie Cutter Workshop, on Dec. 10 from 10:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
- Hear the festive sounds of over 200 festively dressed tuba and euphonium players marching as they perform the 32nd Annual Merry Tuba Christmas on Dec. 17 starting at 3:30 p.m. at the Harborplace Amphitheater.
- The holiday season is a wonderland of curiosity with drop in workshops, live demonstrations, hands-on building activities and a different theme every day at the 12 Days of Science at the Maryland Science Center beginning Dec. 22.
- Ring in the Noon Year at the Maryland Science Center! Featuring festive crafts, fun activities & popular kids band Milkshake – “Midnight Noon” allows children to enjoy the ball drop before bedtime on New Year’s Eve from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Ring in 2017 in style at Power Plant Live! This year’s all-inclusive New Year’s Eve ticket includes drinks and gourmet food from 9:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m., DJ performances, themed party favors, laser shows, dancing, and a huge midnight celebration.
- Welcome 2017 at Baltimore’s New Year’s Eve Spectacular at the Inner Harbor with live music from live performers, Super Bueno, an official countdown and a colorful fireworks display at midnight. The event begins at 9:00 p.m. -12:30 a.m.
Waterfront Partnership’s It’s a Waterfront Life holiday campaign launched in 2011 in an effort to attract Baltimoreans to the Waterfront to celebrate the holiday season with special events, attractions, as well as parking, dining and shopping specials offered by local businesses. For more information on It’s a Waterfront Life, visit www.itsawaterfrontlife.org.
Photos Courtesy of Waterfront Partnership