IT’S A WATERFRONT LIFE RETURNS TO BALTIMORE
Waterfront Partnerships’ holiday campaign offers fun-filled festivities
(BALTIMORE) – It’s the most wonderful time of the year, as It’s a Waterfront Life returns with bountiful good cheer! From mid-November through the end of the year, Waterfront Partnership is making it a holiday season that Baltimoreans will always remember. The holiday campaign offers special events, discounts and deals all along the waterfront.
“Waterfront Partnership is thrilled to partner with local businesses to make It’s a Waterfront Life an annual holiday tradition,” said Laurie Schwartz, president of Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore. “The campaign’s festivities allow Baltimoreans to gather at the waterfront to celebrate the holidays with family and friends while also supporting local attractions, shops and restaurants.”
Highlights of this year’s campaign include:
• The debut of National Aquarium’s Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas 4-D Experience on November 15th. Screenings of the prehistoric misfits on a hilarious adventure will go through January 2nd.
• Baltimore Visitor Center will offer free Arts and Crafts with J on November 16th and December 7th and 21st from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• The much-anticipated arrival of Santa Claus will take place on November 23rd as the jolly man in red trades in his sleigh and arrives via Charm City Circulator at the Harborplace Amphitheater at 5 p.m. Santa’s Arrival will feature festive crafts, holiday décor, costumed characters and live entertainment beginning at 2 p.m. inside Harborplace’s Light Street Pavilion.
- Santa Photos & Santa’s Place Light Shows will begin November 23rd and go through Christmas Eve (Mon. – Sat. 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Sun. 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.).
- Furry friends will also have a chance to visit with Santa and have a waggin’ good time – Pet Photos with Santa will take place at the Harbor East Katyn Circle on December 15th from 1 – 4 p.m.
- Power Plant Live! will host a Thanksgiving Eve Homecoming Bull Roast on November 27th at 7 p.m. The event will feature food and an open bar with access to nine different bars.
- Feasters can prepare for the big meal with the Gobble Cobble Turkey Trot 7K on Thanksgiving morning, hosted by MAC Harbor East and Falls Road Running.
- November 29th through December 27th, holiday shoppers who show $100 of same-day receipts from Harbor East merchants can take advantage of five hours of Free Parking at Harbor East garages located at Legg Mason, Whole Foods and 650 South Exeter Street.
- Harbor East shoppers can give their wallet a break and warm up with Hot Chocolate Happy Hour on December 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st. From 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. Harbor East elves will be strolling the neighborhood delivering warm cups of cocoa courtesy of Whole Foods.
- Join Harbor East on December 5th for the unveiling of Window Wonderland, a month-long holiday arts exhibit featuring storefronts decorated for the season by some of the region’s finest artists. From 5:30 – 8:30 p.m., shoppers will enjoy good old-fashioned window- shopping, in addition to in-store refreshments and live street entertainment.
- Also on December 5th, MAC and (cool) progeny will host a Milk & Cookies Social just for kids! Including additional holiday activities, the event will take place inside MAC’s lobby from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Presented by Macy’s, National Aquarium’s Cultural Series, as part of their Fridays After Five program, will host World Holiday Traditions on December 6th from 5 – 9 p.m. featuring ballet vignettes from The Nutcracker, live holiday jazz and an exhibit of nativity scenes from around the world. Children can make holiday cards to send to service men and women and there will be a special appearance by Puffin, the Polar Express Train Conductor and Santa Claus.
- Over 200 festively dressed tuba and euphonium players will capture the spirit of the holiday season with the 30th Annual Merry Tuba Christmas as they blend their unique styles, rhythms and progressions for all to enjoy at Harborplace Amphitheater on December 7th from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Also on December 7th, and continuing on December 8th, Dollar Days will allow guests to visit National Aquarium, Maryland Science Center and Top of the World for just $1.
- Power Plant’s 3rd Annual Rock the Dock Family Holiday Bash will take place on December 14th from 3 – 6 p.m. with live music, train rides along the promenade, holiday- themed arts and crafts, games, food, drinks and holiday cheer.
- Those who don a holiday sweater can head over to Power Plant Live! at 8 p.m. on December 14th for Santa’s Ugly Sweater Bar Crawl. With a $15 donation to Toys for Tots, ugly sweater wearers will receive a souvenir cup, drink specials and access to all bars and nightclubs.
- Families can ring in the New Year and enjoy the ball drop before bedtime at Maryland Science Center with the 6th Annual Midnight Noon New Year’s Eve celebration.
- Once the kiddies are asleep, adults can celebrate New Year’s Eve at Power Plant Live! with a premium top shelf open bar, gourmet foods, access to every nightclub and bar and a huge midnight celebration.
- It’s a Waterfront Life will make this holiday season one to remember by offering chances to win one of several fabulous prizes donated by local shops, restaurants and businesses. To see a full list of prizes and enter to win, visit www.itsawaterfrontlife.org December 2nd – 20th. Also, tune in to 101.9 Lite FM and Mix 106.5 November 18th – December 4th for a chance to win on-air giveaways.
Waterfront Partnership’s It’s a Waterfront Life holiday campaign launched in 2011 in an effort to attract Baltimoreans to the waterfront to celebrate the holiday season with special events, attractions, as well as parking, dining and shopping specials offered by local businesses. For more information on It’s a Waterfront Life, visit www.itsawaterfrontlife.org.